Internet Marketing Statistics
Below are some additional key local internet marketing statistics that help to validate the importance for small business owners to develop an effective Local Internet Marketing campaign for their business.The marketing images that a cannabis business projects could determine its future profits and growth. Businesses that lack a professional presence have an increased chance of losing potential customers to their competitors. One very important key factor for success is having a strong online presence created to match your company's visual brand.
- 90% of online commercial searches result in offline bricks and mortar purchases (proprietary research / ComScore)
- By 2013, mobile devices are expected to be used more often than PCs to access the Web, according to Morgan Stanley.
- 80% of consumer budgets are spent within 50 miles of the home.
- 74% of Internet users perform local searches (Kelsey Group)
- More than 100 million people a month use Google Maps from mobile phones to find directions and information. (Google)
- 66% of American’s use online local search, like Google local search to locate local businesses (TMP / ComScore)
- 61% of local searches result in purchases (TMP / comScore)
- 54% of Americans have substituted the internet and local search for phone books (comScore networks)
- Microsoft has claimed that 53% of mobile searches on Bing are local in nature. (Microsoft)
- Mobile local searches for local information are expected to grow from 27.8% in 2008 to 35.1% by 2013. (BIA Kelsey Group)
- 82% of local searchers follow up offline via an in-store visit, phone call or purchase (TMP / comScore)
- 25% of internet searches have a purely local, commercial focus (Kelsey-Bizrate)
- 97% of American internet users use the internet to shop of which 57% characterize their behavior as “shop online, purchase offline” (NPD Group)